Category: Market News

Israel real estate
Market News

15 facts on Israeli real estate in Corona-times

Residential rental prices, in the center of Israel, are experiencing a slight decline but are expected to rise sharply in the coming year. Mechir Le’Mishtaken, the Government’s housing program offering first-time buyers discounts between 200-400,000 NIS on new apartments, has been cancelled. A new program for young couples has been initiated, however only for those...

Market News

Mabat HaShuk: Recently sold and rented homes in Israel

The following is a selection of real estate deals that have recently closed in Israel*. The idea is to give our readers a general idea of the market and activities taking place around the country. Netanya: A 4-room apartment, 101 sqm located on floor 4 out of 7, with no balcony, on Rishon Lezion Street...

rentals in israel
Market News

Coronavirus hits rentals in Israel

More than 10% of residential tenants in Israel fail to pay their rent; price of rentals in Israel is falling The residential rental market in Israel has been noticeably affected by the Corona crisis. With a substantial percentage of renters in Israel suffering economic loss as a result of the pandemic, for many it has...

Housing Policy

100,000 apartments to be built in high-demand areas in the center of Israel on military bases

In what the Government has called “strategic inventory management of the housing crisis”, more than one thousand housing units will be constructed on land that is currently occupied by defense and military industry bases in the center of the country. The training, intelligence and communications bases will be vacated and relocated to the South of Israel. The huge compounds are located in the heart of the high-demand areas in Israel, where land is most expensive and property values highest. The compounds will be evacuated by 2022.

Property Taxes Israel
Law & Taxation

Increase in property taxes on unoccupied apartments in Israel

The Municipality of Tel Aviv announced that it is increasing the property taxes (“arnona“) of approximately 1,400 “ghost apartments” to 220.78 NIS per square meter.  Property taxes are between 50 and 85 NIS 85 per square meter for apartments in Tel Aviv up to 140 square meters (depending on the area in ​​the city). On average, this...

New homes in Israel
Market News

Demand for new homes in Israel remains high

Sales of new homes in Israel increased by 17.3% in January 2016 compared to December 2015. In January 2016, 4360 new homes in Israel were sold, of which approximately 68% were for purchased by buyers for residential purposes and the remaining 32% were bought for other purposes including investment, purchasing groups, rental programs, etc.  Thus indicates preliminary...

1 2 3